- Senior Fisheries Biologist-Georgia-Aquatic Environmental Services
- Senior Fisheries Biologist-Georgia-Aquatic Environmental ServicesPosition Summary: The main responsibility of this position is constructing, implementing, and stocking varies fishes. In addition to fish stocking the position will assist clients in managing their ponds in all aspects of fishery management.
- Fisheries Stocking and Management:
- Coordinate all logistics of fish stocking from ordering from hatcheries through introduction to new aquatic environment, including directing the work of all involved employees related to the project.
- Manage the routing and delivery of fishes, including tracking orders and resolving issues related to the timely, healthy delivery to customers.
- Plan and design aquatic environment and recommend correct aquatic species to meet plan goals; make recommendations based on scientific understanding and professional knowledge of various fishes and their environments; develop and submit fish stocking proposals.
- Follow the customer relationship program to deliver premium service, responsiveness, education, and up- and cross-selling opportunities and referrals.
- Job requires long hours when hauling fish. Peak stocking season is spring and fall.
- Contribute to a culture of safety; maintain equipment and tools to ensure safe and continued operations.
- Develop expertise through ongoing professional development about products, species, and services, in order to provide best-in-class service and offerings.
- Assist other biologist with fishery management projects, as needed.
Essential Skills/Experience: The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience, and characteristics.
- Knowledge and application of general fisheries management and construction, lake mapping/GIS, and fish identification, as gained through on-the-job experience, formal education, or a combination of both.
- Interest in fishery management
- Demonstrated understanding of how to properly and safely identify and handle varied aquatic wildlife.
- Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding operations, company confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
- Critical thinking skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Adaptable and willingness to help with other duties as needed.
- Common sense and critical thinking in stressful situations.
Credentials and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Fisheries Management, or related area required. Advanced degree desired.
- 2+ years of industry/technical experience in a related position required.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass the required physical to secure a health card.
- Position will divide its time between office, field work, and client facilities.
- Position is expected to meet the physical requirements of standing, being in and around water and other outside habitats for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds with no assistance, and working among varying levels of temperatures, topologies, and weather.
- Position will handle a variety of aquatic wildlife.
• Position will work with confidential client information and must use absolute discretion in maintaining client confidences